Saturday, January 4, 2014

My Big, Weird Year of Big, Weird Experiments

How in the hell did I get it in my head that this would be a good idea?

The concept is pretty basic... Every month of 2014, I'm going to commit to building a habit that's new and uncomfortable and supposedly good for me. It's like eating vegetables--but sadly, without the butter. Some of the experiments will be easy, but most will be hard.

Like... 

Not lying--for a whole month.

Or staying away from TV.

Or, sweet sassy jean, going vegan.

The idea of a month without cheese makes me want to pack it in and just resolve to lose five pounds, like I do every year. Maybe buy a gym membership that I'll never use, like that one year.

And yet... I'm intrigued.

Am I glutton for punishment if this fear of discomfort makes me want to go forward with the project?

It's the kind of idea that sounds great at the time. I know that I'll be very, very happy that I got off my ass and made an effort this year--you know, once 2015 rolls around and the weirdness is all behind me.

But, as far as how I'll feel when I'm in the thick of it, desperate for cheese or "The Walking Dead" or probably both at the same time, I guess we'll have to see.

And hey, at least Oreos are vegan.

No comments:

Post a Comment